Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cameron: 'I Will Empower UK Jews'

Cameron said: "To me, one of the biggest contributions of Judaism is its understanding of what makes a responsible society. Last summer, I gave a speech to Jewish Care where I talked about this idea. I quoted a phrase of Rabbi Hillel�s which I think captures it beautifully: "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I?" That urgent, selfless moral compulsion to change the world for the better is right at the heart of the Jewish way of life. If I become Prime Minister, I want to see that idea of responsibility extend right across our society.'

Read more...

Yes , you only have to look at Israel to see a 'responsible Society' Don't make me laugh

1 comment:

  1. I'm not voting for Cameron anyway. Why would someone focus specifically on one particular group?

    Problem with the UK is that we are constantly force-fed the same old rubbish. If these guys were any good, the Country wouldn't be the way it is now.

    I must admit, I have watched him and he has the 'speech'. However actions peak louder than words.

    Besides, a lot of these politicians are pretentious liars and often keep their true intentions under their hats. Those intentions often involve how much money they can make as well as power of course.

    They rarely tell you ho they are goibg to clean up the mess at large, but they will constantly tell you about what the others are doing very wrong.

    Telling us how you are going to fix things and why we should vote for you would certainly help.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment it is much appreciated.